22 February 2009

A dark and lonely winter

The year 2009 was supposed to be a better year, at least health-wise. All signs pointed towards improvement. Sadly, the year has not lived up to its promise.

On January 30, my uncle died. While he had been ill for the past few months, his death was unexpected. Our last conversation even focused on how 2009 was going to be a better year. My family still does not have the official autopsy results, but it seems he died from an infection, an infection that may have been curable. He trusted his doctors, and at his last visit, he was told to eat more meat.

The funeral was last week. I did not travel home for the funeral, and feel horrible about missing it. A memorial service will be held during the springtime, when I have completed chemo.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jules. I am so sorry to learn about your uncle. Is this your mom's side? Please share my condolences with everyone.