08 December 2009

Hair Update

When I first met the bevy of oncologists while deciding which chemo program would be best for me, each doctor informed that one side effect of chemo is curly hair. Since hair loss is almost inevitable, hair growth is also inevitable. What the doctors and nurses told me is that when hair returns, it grows in curly. They also tried to imply that curly hair is a good thing. Maybe for some people, but not for me. Each time a doctor would mention the curly regrown hair, I would give them the best death stare I could muster up.

My hair has slowly been regrowing since March. By summertime, I was able to go wig-free. My hair was growing in straight. I got cocky. Let me warn you, never get cocky. It will always be your downfall. Well, at the very least, it is my downfall.

My hair is curly now. The words that I want to say right now are inappropriate for an online forum. Let's just say, I'm not very happy about the curly hair. Maybe it will grow on me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe what it really is is that whatever you had before, that you had gotten used to, is going to go away, never to return again. Because my mom used to have wavy hair, like mine, and hers grew in super duper fine and straight.

I can't imagine you with curly hair, though! You must post a photo.