17 April 2009

Don't Leave Home Without It

I actually left the house with my cranial prosthetic. I even locked the house, got into the car, and we had driven about 2 blocks before I realized something was wrong. Not that I am not anxious to never wear a wig again, my head (and my self-image) is not ready for the world to see my bare head yet. Hair is growing -- slowly.

Once I realized my horrible mistake, Brandon turned the car around and I was able to get my wig. He even laughed and said something like, "I hadn't even noticed."

I am so self-conscious about my head that I don't even want to drive to NY without something on my head. Winter hats will look a little conspicuous in mid-April (even if the outside temperatures are only just beginning to warm up). I don't want to sit in a car for 10 hours with the wig nor do I want to wear a winter hat. I think that I may try a scarf, but we'll see. Chemo is over and yet I still look like a cancer patient (and will for a while... grrrr).

No comments: