13 October 2009

Frankenstein

"It's alive!"

For the past month, I have been experiencing varying degrees of pelvic pain. Unsure of the cause, I have been to see my family doctor, a urologist, and a gynecologist. I have had a pelvic ultrasound, a CT scan, and a cystoscopy. All of the test results were normal. One unexpected cancer diagnosis and an overactive imagination has turned me into the hypochondriac who goes to the doctor for the slightest twinge.

Yesterday, the gynecologist tells me that the pain is probably caused by the awakening of my ovaries. Chemo shut down my ovaries. Now that I am 6-months out from my last session of Taxol, this diagnosis makes sense. Wow, it hurts! I'm beginning to remember why I went on the Pill in the first place. Hopefully, the pain will lessen with time.

No comments: