16 April 2010

Another "Awareness" Campaign

My friend Alex reminded me this morning about the latest in horrifying breast cancer awareness campaigns: KFC's Buckets for the Cure, so I just had to share it with you. For every pink bucket of chicken a consumer purchases, KFC will donate 50 cents to Komen. You can promote for them via your Facebook page (I think not) or submit you personal breast cancer story to their website (again I think not). The web page is very pink. It makes me feel kind of nauseous.

While buckets of chicken don't quite scream breast cancer to me, it could never replace the target pistol in my heart as the oddest breast cancer awareness/fundraiser promotion.

P.S. The personal irony of the chicken campaign for breast cancer for me is, since chemo, I no longer eat much chicken. One time during a chemo session, I ate a chicken ceasar salad, and I haven't been same about chicken ever since.

No comments: