08 December 2008

And the winner is...

Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry in the "October Surprise" contest. I apologize for the delay in announcing the winner. All of the entries were delightful. Without your help, I would never have learned about the existence of the Warriors in Pink Mustang or pink hair extensions or pink paper towels or pinkly decorated moisturizer bottles, and even pink tic tacs. You simply cannot escape the pink during the month of October. The color pink can be found just about anywhere promoting all kinds of merchandise. So from among all of these wonderfully crazy submissions, I have chosen a winner.

And the winner is... Nanette! She submitted the Julie Goloski Military & Police Pistol. To read the more about the gun and its design, check out Julie Goloski's blog. I really can't believe this item exists. I also love that the ad says that some money will be donated to a "breast cancer awareness charity." Is it just me, or is the phrasing of that statement extremely vague?

Why did I choose Nanette's entry? Because she found an item that raises money for a breast cancer organization by promoting an item designed to kill people. I'm not really sure what else to say. The concept of the pink gun stuns me.

Nanette has a choice of prizes: a weekend in Ohio! (travel to/from Ohio not included) or a t-shirt from the college where I work. If she chooses to visit Ohio, we might even be able arrange for an afternoon at a local shooting range.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm . . . . I say I go to Ohio and then we go to firing range!

Jonathan Kelley said...

Yeah she deserves it. Congrats Nan!

Hmm, I kind of thought all of rural Ohio constituted a firing range.