28 September 2008

Neither a cliche nor a coherent thought

My post today was going to be on the recent changes in my life but everything I wrote (and then erased) has been a cliche. Nobody wants to read that crap, and I don't want to write it. Sorry. Maybe I'll do it better next time. Instead here is an update on my weekend activities:

My sisters came to visit me this weekend. We had a great time. We watched movies, drank wine (the first drinks that I have had since surgery), went to a day spa, and ate like pigs. I am sad to see them leave. They drove away in their rental cars a little while ago so they can catch their respective flights back to urban civilization.

Last weekend was supposed to have been my bachelorette "party" weekend. The plan was to stay at our mother's condo at the beach in Delaware. I never knew any of the secret plans that my sister Jennifer had thought up, but I am sure it would have been great. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the weekend because I couldn't travel with a tube coming out of my side -- not an optimal set-up for a relaxing weekend with friends at the beach. The cancellation also meant that I am not going to experience my annual "dip the feet into the atlantic ocean" renewal. Maybe an explanation as to why this year has felt a little off? Every year I put my feet in the ocean, even for a minute.

A couple of friends did visit with me last weekend. One friend came for the night. We had a great time watching movies, staying up late chatting, eating pizza and other horrible foods, etc... Brandon and I met up with another friend in Columbus for lunch -- the lunch where I wore pajama pants to a nice restaurant (For those who are concerned about my state of (or absence of) dress, I have begun to wear jeans again).

It is nice to see friends and to pretend that my life is still normal, but I can barely close a car door on my own and my chest scars hurt. I must do these arm exercises in order to regain full mobility in my right arm. I'm not so good at remembering but the threat of going to physical therapy has me trying my best to do them at least every other hour or so. Hopefully my arm muscles will be back to their original state very soon. I'll soon need to regain the ability to lift a suitcase into an airplane's overhead luggage bin.

Ok, time for me to stop rambling. I've even bored myself. I'll try to do better next time. Sometimes a blog entry is just an opportunity for me to get some thoughts that are floating around in my head out into the open air. Whether the sharing of thoughts is a good idea or bad idea remains to be seen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be silly! You write well and I, for one, really enjoy reading your blog.

Jonathan Kelley said...

Pajama pants at a nice restaurant? How gauche! Glad I missed it...