08 September 2008

Tomorrow is a big day!

Later this week, I will continue detailing the order of events that brought me to this monumental change in my life. But tomorrow, I will be in surgery. I just called the hospital and my surgery is scheduled for 9:30am. I am to report to the hospital at 8:30am. Since I am not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, I am glad that the surgery is scheduled relatively early in the morning. And once I am in surgery, Brandon, my mother and father can go eat a huge breakfast, and I will be none the wiser :)

Earlier today I spoke with my physician's assistant who reassured me that the surgical scars will not interfere with my wedding dress lines. Phew! Last night I emailed a photo of the dress to the surgeon, who had promised to try to avoid cutting me in a way that would show any physical scars on my wedding day.

What I can't wrap my head around is how I don't even feel sick. I don't look sick. The lump isn't even painful. The bruise from my biopsy is the only visual detail of the horridness that is inside me. And tomorrow, I lose a breast. Very surreal, very surreal indeed.

2 comments:

Jonathan Kelley said...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! I'm so impressed by your determination... Love you!!

Unknown said...

Seriously! I can't believe how upbeat you sound. You are so brave.