29 December 2008

Bubbles!

One of my favorite forms of relaxation is sitting in a hot bath, usually with bubbles, reading a magazine or trashy novel. According to my oncologist's office, bubble baths may cause urinary tract infections (UTI) in chemo patients. As I understand it, the UTI is caused by the chemicals in the commercially produced bubble baths. The thought of getting a UTI while on chemo made me fearful, so I was sad at the thought of 5 months with no relaxing bubble baths.

For Christmas, Brandon made me homemade lavender bath bombs with all natural ingredients. He found the recipe online from Instructables.com. I believe most of the ingredients were found at a local health food store. He has two additional tips for anyone who wants to makes some bombs:

TIPS:
1) Measure dry ingredients by weight, not volume
2) Plan to triple the amount of wet ingredients called for. You might not use the whole mix, but you'll certainly need to use more than the recipe calls for.

I highly recommend these homemade bath bombs. The bath smelled great and the oils made my skin very soft. Once again, I can enjoy leisurely baths through the long winter nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was so thoughtful of Brandon.