11 December 2008

Round 2 ... The Next Day

Just wanted to let y'all know that it has been about 24 hours since my I received my infusion of the toxic, burning drugs, and I don't feel as bad as I did the last time. Each day is different so tomorrow could be a whole new day of feeling crappy.

Last night was not pleasant. I felt pretty nauseated -- enough so that I took one of my "as needed" anti-nausea drugs. All I had for dinner was lots o' water, a milkshake (before the nausea kicked in, so maybe it was the milkshake), and saltines.

In a couple of hours, I'll head back to the clinic to get the shot that will help my white blood cell count return to normal at a faster rate than if we let "nature" take its course. A normal course would take 3 weeks. With the shot, it only takes 2 weeks. This is the shot that makes my bones ache because it also works on the blood cells in my bones.

And the best news of all (so far) is that I haven't experienced any hair loss... yet. It's supposed to start today.

2 comments:

Jonathan Kelley said...

Great, now I have *two* songs running through my head - Britney's "Toxic" and Kelis' "Milkshake"

Although, to be fair, on most days at least one of those songs is already running through my head.

Unknown said...

My money is on "Milkshake."