10 December 2008

Chemo... Round 2

Round 2 of 4 is completed! I am at home on the couch after receiving my second round of A/C. We were able to use the port which made the who process much easier and the nurses did not have to worry about any chemical burns in my arms (unlike last time when the A drug turned my vein red and we needed to ice it before I was allowed to go home).

One of the pre-chemo drugs that I receive, besides, one of the many anti-nausea drugs that I take) is a steroid which gives me lots of superficial energy and can cause insomnia -- although my week of only sleeping 2 hours at a time is probably not related to the steroid but it could be (each person is different, so we can never say for sure blah blah blah). So right now I've got this bizarre burst of energy which I can feel fading as I type this post.

I have an ice pack on my head in hopes that the coolness might help me retain some of my hair. After the last round of chemo, I had the occasional brain "hot flashes" so I'm also hoping the ice will also help decrease the reccurence of those instances. According to the woman who did my wig (another story which I will post soon), my hair should begin to start falling out tomorrow. So while my gut feeling is the ice pack is an old wives tale, I'm at home alone with cats getting ready to settle down for an afternoon of TV marathons (I'm thinking Grey's Anatomy, but I also still have a few episodes of the first season of the Tudors --- decisions, decisions) so what can it hurt to have an ice pack on my head. I must say it is quite a look, and I'm sure the UPS delivery person was slightly concerned when he dropped off a package. Didn't expect someone to come to the door today, but I do love to get packages!

And I'm crashing... in 4....3....2....1.....

No comments: