17 December 2008

It's raining hair

The wig is still in its bag. I am not going to wear it until I absolutely need it. I still have hair on my head. Luckily (or not so much so) I have tons of hair. My hair is thin and I have tons of it. My massive amount of hairs means I am able to delay the inevitable of the wig, but at the same time, it means cleaning up after the many hairs on my pillow in the mornings, or removing the clumps of hair on my hands (or from the shower drain) when washing my hair, or just finding hairs on my scarf at the end of the day.

My hair is everywhere. It is worse than the cats' fur. This evening was spent wrapping packages for the family. Not only will my relatives be receiving thoughtful gifts, but also strands of my hair. As much as I tried to catch all the hair, as I boxed up the packages to be mailed, I would see hairs stuck in the tape on what was an otherwise beautifully wrapped package.

Bizarrely enough, at a work holiday function, a colleague complimented me on my hair style. I'm not sure what that means about my hair on other days since my current style is whatever I can manage without using any hair styling implements (also known as brushes and combs). I even have a slight "comb-over" to cover a tiny, developing bald spot along my part. Is it now hip to be a partially balding young woman? Or have I just been in rural Ohio too long?

No comments: